Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday afternoon

Well, today is Friday, and next week is the big birthday party. I hope you have all responded to Bill or Alice that you will be attending. I also hope lots of you will take the time to come out to make it a really good party (of course it won't be like the old days, more Geritol than alcohol!). My husband and I will be there, and I know that Carl is coming back for it, so who else?

We have had some new events in our lives, recently. The most improtant is that after 2 years, John is now healthy enough to return to work, part time. He started last week, and is so much happier! He needs that mental stimulation, didn't like being home all the time, and I can't blame him. The cat(Chico) is not too pleased, but he'll get over it. The other event involves my political activity...I have just been elected Secretary of the Maryland Democratic Party. This is a gubernatorial election year, so we are all quite busy down here, and will be, for the next 4 months. This is also the year that our counties have all our local elections, so there is a lot happening.

This trip to Erie for the birthday party, is the 1st time I have been back since my father-in-law died, in 1995. I am really looking forward to seeing what's new. John is from North East, so he's excited about it as well.

That's it for today, hope to see you all at the lake next week.

No comments: