Friday, June 11, 2010

More Ramblings

I understand where you're coming from, Stan. I also did not keep in touch with classmates very well through the years, and I'm sorry about that. Nita is the only one I stayed in touch with, and I didn't do that very well. I did go back to the 20 and 25 year reunions, then drifted off again. However, Carl reached out, and lassoed me back, and has created a monster. I've been on a mission to find the missing...it's funny how things come flooding back to you, as soon as one little memory creeps in. When I found Stan, I called his house, heard the voice on the recorder, and KNEW it was the right guy. While our faces may have changed, most of our voices have not. When he called me back, we found plenty to say, I think we talked for about half an hour! I think Bertie Beichner was a little freaked out when she got her message after 42 years. She said she couldn't imagine who would have known her maiden name. We had a good conversation, too. I know that there are some people out there wondering who the crazy lady is who has called them, because I'm not sure all the people I called, are the ones I was looking for, but we'll never know unless we try, right? My point in all this, is: if you'd like to speak to one of your old friends, call them, they would probably love to hear from you.


Frank, I'd have to agree with alot of what you said...I guess I'm too old to get "twitter". Why would others be interested in where I am at this moment and what I had for lunch? Okay, this is scary, I'm turning into my mother!

Hope to see you all at the birthday party!

1 comment:

tomheinrich said...

[I know that there are some people out there wondering who the crazy lady is who has called them, because I'm not sure all the people I called, are the ones I was looking for, but we'll never know unless we try, right?]

what's the worst they can do? ...hang up? lol! My daughter says maybe worse than that if they're creepers... Creepers? is that a bug or sumpin?